A PARTNERSHIP BETWEEN
LA JOLLA MUSIC SOCIETY AND
SAN DIEGO YOUTH SYMPHONY AND CONSERVATORY
With classes held on Saturday mornings, September through May, The Music Institute provides music students in grades 9—12 with:
• Rigorous courses in college-level music theory, music history and conducting.
• Dynamic seminars with internationally-renowned musicians and music industry leaders.
• Advanced chamber music coaching and special performance opportunities.
• Master classes, mentorship, backstage access, and professional development.
• Free concert tickets to select La Jolla Music Society performances.
GUEST ARTISTS INCLUDED:
Clive Greensmith, cello,
Former members of the Tokyo String Quartet
Jinjoo Cho, violin,
2014 Winner of the International Violin Competition of Indianapolis
Former San Diego Union-Tribune’s Music and Art Critic
Co-owner of Studio West (recording studio)
Kathryn Hatmaker, violin
San Diego Symphony; Co-Founder, Co-Artistic Director and Executive Director of Art of Élan
Richard O’Neill, viola
Emmy Award winner, two-time Grammy® nominee and Avery Fisher Career Grant recipient; Artistic Director of DITTO
Jon Kimura Parker, piano
Critically-acclaimed solo and collaborative artist; member of The Montrose Trio
Raphaël Sévčre, clarinet
2013 First Prize Winner Young Concert Artists International Auditions
Josef Špacek, violin
Concertmaster of the Czech Philharmonic Orchestra, 2009 First Prize WinnerMichael Hill International Violin Competition
István Várdai, cello
2014 First Prize Winner at the 63rd ARD International Music Competition